Privacy of our users' information is of utmost importance at Sweaty Betty.
Sweaty Betty Limited is a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 3525806 and having its registered office at Sweaty Betty Fulham Green, Cavendish House, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London SW6 3JW (referred to in this Statement as “Sweaty Betty”, "we, "us" and "our"). We are a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Controller, Data Subject, Processor and processing shall have the respective meanings given to them in applicable Data Protection Laws from time to time (and related expressions, including process, processing, processed, and processes shall be construed accordingly) and international organisation shall have the respective meanings given to them in the GDPR.
Sweaty Betty takes the privacy and security of your personal data very seriously. We only capture information from you that we need to deliver our services effectively and to keep in contact with you on the basis necessary to fulfil our obligation or as agreed between us. We will only use your personal data for any purpose that is necessary to fulfil our commitments to you, or comply with regulation or to fulfil an activity that you have consented to participate in.
Information we may collect from you
We generally collect information contained in your CV such as name, address, home phone number, work phone number, mobile phone number(s), facsimile numbers, email addresses and general contact information to assist Sweaty Betty to readily communicate with you. We also collect additional personal information such as career objectives, as well as your work experience and skills. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website and when you report a problem with our Website.
We collect and may disclose statistical information gathered as a whole (e.g. total number of applicants and applicant origin) for internal reporting purposes and to improve the experience we offer to our job seekers. However, we never disclose information that identifies any individual for such purposes. We do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market our services to children.
If you opt to provide your date of birth, sex, marital status or nationality, this information is gathered for diversity monitoring and reporting only and will not be used in the recruitment and selection process.
IP addresses and cookies
Sweaty Betty uses your IP address to help track where you came from and what services you are using, to help us administer our Website and to improve our services.
We and some of our associates and third party organisations that support us to deliver the services you are using, also use “cookies” to track your use of the Website, and to ensure that you are a valid Registered User throughout your “session”.
Uses made and disclosure of your information
Sweaty Betty gathers the personal information required for you to be considered for job vacancies within Sweaty Betty and to conduct research relating to our recruitment activities. Generally, the information gathered from you is used to assist you to search for Sweaty Betty job vacancies, apply for Sweaty Betty job vacancies and to be processed for each job application you submit. As such, it may require us to release your personal information with your consent to Sweaty Betty hiring managers, administrators and third party contractors.
These Sweaty Betty hiring managers, administrators and third party contractors may be in the UK or in other parts of the world including outside the European Economic Area. By becoming a Registered User, you agree that your information may be shared with Sweaty Betty hiring managers, administrators and third party contractors for the purpose of supporting you to find suitable Sweaty Betty job vacancies, applying for Sweaty Betty job vacancies, supporting our research relating to our recruitment activities and processing you for each job application you submit and you consent to the transfer of your information outside the European Economic Area.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if Sweaty Betty or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party.
We may also use, disclose and communicate your personal information for compliance with any legal obligation to which we may be subject.
We do not disclose your information to anyone except as described above, including personal information, CV information, email addresses or information about your visits to the site.
Third party links
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to other sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where we store your personal data
Your personal information is stored on a secure server hosted by a Sweaty Betty approved contractor. The server resides in the United Kingdom. Sweaty Betty is a global organisation, therefore, your data may be transferred to any of our operating businesses throughout the world, with your consent, for the purpose of being considered for any Sweaty Betty job vacancy you apply for, or for being matched to specific Sweaty Betty job vacancies and being contacted by a Sweaty Betty hiring manager, administrator or third party contractor to discuss your interest and suitability.
By submitting your personal information, you agree to Sweaty Betty transferring, storing and processing your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
How is your personal information secured and protected?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You have the following rights in respect of the information we hold about you:- The right to request a copy of your information which we hold. If you would like a copy of some or all of it please:
- Email email@example.com
- Let us know what information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers you have, if you have them.
- We may ask you for personal information to verify your identity.
- The right to correct any mistakes in your information. If you would like us to do this please utilise the ability to edit your own account or:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details); and
- Let us know what information is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
- In certain circumstances, the right to delete your information. If you would like to do this, please access your profile settings or email
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict the processing of your information. If you would like us to do this or would like more information please email email@example.com
- In certain circumstances the right for you to re-use the information we hold about you with other service providers. If you would like us to do this or you would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In specific circumstances the right to object to certain types of processing. If you would like us to do this or you would like more information, email email@example.com
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. If you would like us to do this or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
It may take up to one week to ensure your request to invoke any of your rights is fully actioned. Sweaty Betty reserves the right to charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the cost of fulfilling a request to exercise any of these rights. Any fee applicable to the performance of an action will be advised to you at the point of making a request.
Contacting Sweaty Betty
If you have any questions about the way in which your information is being collected or used which are not answered by this Privacy Statement and/or any complaints please contact us on 020 7751 0591 or if you are overseas + 44 20 7751 0591 of if you prefer you can email email@example.com
Alternatively, you can write to Sweaty Betty at FAO: People Team, Sweaty Betty Fulham Green, Cavendish House, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London SW6 3JW.